Thursday 18 April 2013

Romancing Recipes

You know what they say about hearts and tummies. I'm sure we all have our favourite recipes for romance or when out to impress a new love. Beef Wellington was a favourite of mine back in the day, but I'll admit rather sheepishly that I don't think I have prepared it in the 10 years or so of married life. Funny how times change. It's my beloved's birthday this week and I love an excuse to spend hours in the kitchen on one special meal, so I've been reminiscing about recipes we've literally loved and lost.

Phil's Normandy Pork is quite possibly legendary with the ladies in his teenage haunt of Aylesbury so here is my homage to him - pork shoulder with caramelised apples, shallots and cooked with cider and a healthy dose of Jumping Jack Chilli Jam.....
(Find the recipe here)



A homage to romance - Phil's Normandy Pork with Jumping Jack Chilli Jam

 
I was interested to find out more recipes for romance, so from our own MSK Laura...

"My meal was always chicken in a cream sauce served with sauté potatoes - it was something my mum used to make & I loved. The My Secret Kitchen version includes a few of our fabulous staples that my cupboard would never be without - Oak Smoked Rapeseed Oil, Secret Wild Garlic Spices & Lemon & Chipotle Spiced Sea Salt, and an ingredient that really brings this dish to life & up to date: White Wine & Porcini Finishing Sauce. Voila the new & improved Creamy Chicken Stir Fry with White Wine & Porcini Finishing Sauce."
(Find the recipe here)
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Stir Fry
 
 
And from another friend of MSK who shall remain nameless...
 
" I can't remember cooking to impress a man myself, in fact I was too scared I'd blow it that I had a friend cook for me & sneak the casserole in the back door! ( Unknown to my now husband!!!). I do remember impressing a friend when I was flush with the independence of my own earnings & I made a prawn salad which has inspired this lovely My Thai Prawn and Avocado Salad using our gorgeous and zingy Thai Dressing with Kaffir Lime"
(Find the recipe here)
My Thai Prawn & Avocado Salad
 
Do you have some romantic recipes and stories to share? We'd love to hear your own delights and disasters, in the meantime, happy reminiscing....
 
Clare
x



 



No comments:

Post a Comment