Tuesday 12 March 2013

Easy Easter

 
I love baking but freely admit I'm rubbish at it. (Enter the 'boob cake' that I made for my daughter's 6th birthday party - it was actually a pale pink crown with a jewel on the top but as my darling husband pointed out was more mammary than majestic).

I can spend hours drooling at bakery windows and at this time of the year we get to see Easter biscuits in all sorts of seasonal shapes, iced to perfection in pastel colours - cute little chicks and fluffy bunnies it seems a shame to eat them (but head first is best).

Our efforts are a little more rustic here at My Secret Kitchen but still as scrumptious and always reliable. I thought I'd share with you a really simple idea using our Mochaccino Cookie Mix. There is no shame here on using 'packet mixes' especially when our packet mixes are simply perfect ingredients, perfectly weighed and measured to take the time, stress and worry out of baking. Just add the eggs and butter for perfectly crumbly melt-in-the-mouth cookies every time.

You can find the recipe for Mochaccino Easter Nests here and more about our Mochaccino Cookie Mix here.

So as we count down to Easer, you'll find me daydreaming about egg custard tarts, Simnel cake, hot cross buns and all things sugar and spice thanks to all you inspirational bakers out there (and not a boob in sight!).

Clare
x




1 comment: