Friday 16 March 2012

Confessions of a chocolate lover


Clare Moran - Co Founder My Secret Kitchen

I know I know, its Lent, but with Easter just around the corner who hasn't got chocolate on their mind?

At My Secret Kitchen we are also promoting our Ultimate Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Peppermint Sauce in March and April so what a lovely excuse to experiment with chocolate again. In our Brownie Bliss recipes we have created Coconut Brownies with a Lime Glaze or for a simple and equally delicious dessert Ultimate Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Peppermint Fondue



I'm in awe of anyone who's decided to give up chocolate for 40 days - or indeed to give up anything food related.  Trying to give up anything I love is a near impossibility and believe me I've tried, but I am proud to be a very happy chocolate fiend.

(Have you read 'Beyond Chocolate' by Sophie & Audrey Boss? thoroughly recommended)


So, here are my 7 chocolate confessions in all their chocolatey glory...




1. I count chocolate covered raisins as one of my '5 a day'
2. As a student, for 6 months I lived on brain food of Kit Kats and black coffee
3. Yes, it was me who stole the chocolate buttons from the kid's sweet tin late last night
4. The little pea sized brown smudge on the sofa is evidence of the bar of cooking chocolate that side-stepped straight to my tummy
5. I buy low-fat hot chocolate mix - and then prepare it with double cream
6. I always lick the bowl when making Ultimate Chocolate Brownies - and never share
7. Petit dessert pots made with Chocolate Peppermint Sauce are the only cure for a case of the Mondays



Clare
x

No comments:

Post a Comment